Here is the beast. I love the challenge of using it. Very few settings (no zoom, manual focus, and just one light indicating whether you're under or overexposed) and of course no mean to see the pictures until you develop the film. I take currently either colour slides or black and white film and don't do any of the developing. I currently don't take a huge amount of pictures with it, but at least I took it out again! It's a family heirloom, my mum bought it when my brother was born (he's 6 years older than me) and at the time it was a very fancy camera. The only problem with it is that despite it being very basic it does require a battery of a type that has become very difficult to find and that contains mercury... also a reason why I am using it sparsely. But we're looking into similar option that take either more standard batteries or no batteries. ie fancy shmancy leicas mostly...
Thursday, 17 December 2009
The old film camera
Here is the beast. I love the challenge of using it. Very few settings (no zoom, manual focus, and just one light indicating whether you're under or overexposed) and of course no mean to see the pictures until you develop the film. I take currently either colour slides or black and white film and don't do any of the developing. I currently don't take a huge amount of pictures with it, but at least I took it out again! It's a family heirloom, my mum bought it when my brother was born (he's 6 years older than me) and at the time it was a very fancy camera. The only problem with it is that despite it being very basic it does require a battery of a type that has become very difficult to find and that contains mercury... also a reason why I am using it sparsely. But we're looking into similar option that take either more standard batteries or no batteries. ie fancy shmancy leicas mostly...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment