After the crazyness of June, July started as a kind of blissful quiet time - I started R: it seemed that promising in terms on non-crazyness. But that seems to be gone, for a while at least. Possibly because (futile/less futile issues):
-stupid computer issues (problems connecting with FTP, problems writing on external drives)
-PhD student did not get scholarship necessary to top up the current short one, for stupid reasons (fortunately there is at least three more varied options he can apply to)
-going on the field with the telly tomorrow! Not sure I really want to join the colleague there but I'm TOO CURIOUS about it. It's faaaar though and we'll spend probably around 5 hours in the car.
-some admistrative crap raised its head - on the week before leaving for a three week trip come on!!
-I found I have a veruca on the sole of my right foot. Most probably related to my increased attendance to the municipality swimming pool recently for nice relaxing swims on saturday. Haven't caught one in the past 10 years of using the Uni swimming pool. Sport's bad for your health. EEEuw.
Anyhow, I think I call pull off this conference talk at the end of the month. Stuff running overnight tonight...
I am SO looking forward to the upcoming travel! Need a change of landscape!
Wednesday, 8 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment