Been back a few days, really, but jetlag, laundry, and a few urgent things in work meant I only get to here now.
The trip went very well, work was productive. A Nobel Price winner complimented my conference talk!!! Sorry I had to say this.
And the holiday part of it was also very nice.
It was really weird to be back in the place we spent three month in last year, to meet everyone we'd worked with or became friend with, even bumping into some on the street! It is so far from here we did not expect to be back this soon, and that really made it weirder.
But I was really irritated in hotels: they all put up the sticker "let's save water and soap, use your towel more than once". No matter how careful you are putting it on the rack, they'll change them all... pff.
Right. I'll be back for more but for now I have to go to the Police station to report the theft of my bike while we were away. Grr! Just an old crappy one but it's not the point. It's actually worth reporting because it's engraved with a code. So if someone buys it they can check whether it was stolen or not.
Saturday, 8 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
nice compliment there!
And while you were away I met someone who knows you. World is small.
??? I have to know who that is.
Where were you when you did?
That's awesome! That's quite the compliment. :-)
YAY! on the Nobel winner!
BOO on the bike. That sucks. I hope you get it back...
Post a Comment