I do have more substantial blog stuff going through my mind, but I'm going through a somewhat dry work patch. After weeks of putting the data together I am at the critical moment when pretty much all the data is there and I need to plunge into the analysis and make sense of it all.
Although this is still related to my post doc, it is something I did completely out of my own initiative and with little supervision. My supervisor wans't so interested, it got delayed, and now I am sort of on my own on this. I do get help from someone else, but communication is somewhat hindered by that person's level of English.
I find the idea of doing this on my own a bit daunting for some (stupid) reason and this crossroad between data collation and preparation and actual analysis is revealing it in a rather dramatic and unfortunate way. I really need to kick my butt to move on. It's appaling. I mean, I am being appaling and silly.
Anyway, we're now just three weeks from our deprature for The Long Stay Abroad. We got the visas... that was not as smooth as it should have been. They made a mistake on Husband's visa, which I find hilarious considering of fussy they can be. They changed it for a new one. He now has a cancelled one and a proper one. Looks very good.
I think I am getting on top of the admin of being away for three months, although I still have a few things to arrange with the bank and insurance. I'll be happy when that is all done, because I am sure it is also interfering with my motivation for doing proper work.
Ah well. I'll get back to it. For now.
Friday, 15 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tag!
Yeah, arranging for international travel is a worrisome and time-consuming process. Good luck getting things together- I bet you'll have a great time once you're there. :)
Post a Comment