I have the mother of all colds (and so does my mother, incidentaly). I sneeze like a maniac, a river flowing out of my nose constantly, and I cough like my life depended on it.
I have three tasks for the *holiday*:
-write a first draft for a proposal;
-run some analysis and post-processing (an idea I haven't actually done yet, so I anticipate some shit on the way)
-translate some documents for a foreign student who will start with me next year.
I have just discovered that my dad has an incredibly tragic family history that I had never known about. He never talks about it, and I don't think he will. I had a long chat about it with my mum yesterday (aah! Christmas!). I wish I could hug him tightly and say "hey, we're here and we love you!". But that's not really the style of the family and I'm not supposed to know. I'll have to make sure I AM there and he can feel the love.
Waw. This is pretty much all I can manage in terms of blogging right now, even though I wish I could spend a whole day on the couch catching up with all the blogs and what I want to write about.
Ah well. Some more herbal tea, and I'll be fine - for my cold, for work, and for the rest!
Monday, 29 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment