Lectures tapering off (as of now I have 3 sessions left, none of which including active lecturing), time to get back to those long overdue manuscripts.
The thing is, the clock is ticking until my application for a permanent nomination (needs to be sent off early 2010) and of my official work plan for the 3 first years, only publications are missing. Immediate action is required: need to shovel out some of those stuff I’ve been working on so long they’ve become dusty.
So.
Paper 1 : main study done during post doc ; was rejected (and resubmit) by one journal already. Re ran many stats, completely reworked manuscript. Sent to co-authors yesterday. Hoping for a prompt and careful read from them. (Hysterical laughter).
Paper 2 : was mostly a side thing during post-doc but has now reached a critical point. It has been so slow that it is in danger of falling of the desk forever, but this is the closest to something resembling a manuscript that I have that depends mostly on me.
Paper 3: almost there, but not leader so kind of out of my control, and still a few analysis to run. This will be next.
Paper 4: still at the stage of building up data. My summer job.
Paper 5: one that will require attention soon since there’s a conference end of July where we submitted an abstract….
Ok so I shall get back and try to build some momentum on Paper 2.
Thursday, 7 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've also got a pretty long list of papers that need to be finished now, or preferably last year. Good luck with yours!
Goodnluck with yours too!
Post a Comment