Wednesday, 30 July 2008

Evening homework

Last night Husband and I spent a couple of hours filling in visa applications forms for the long stay abroad. How stressful can it be to write your mother's name somewhere?

And we're not finished. We'll I'm not, have one form left. Husband had to list all the countries he went to over the past 10 years, which ended up being way too big for the space allocated, and needing also some research as to what year was what... 

Then we'll have to bring everything to the embassy, after making an appointment. 

Actually it's probably not too bad, because we're both from EU countries and the whole visa application procedure was somewhat shortened thanks to one of the bodies that funds the trip. I dread to think how much more tedious it must be for some other nationalities. Last year I stayed in a lab in a different EU country for three months, and basically just turned up there. 

But hopefully it'll be sorted out soon!

2 comments:

DancingFish said...

Sounds tedious- good luck!

stepwise girl said...

Thanks! I think we're getting there. And we have an appointment at the embasse next wednesday.