The cupboard and file cabinet I picked from the department upstairs have arrived, been dusted and fixed. For about a week, my office was a mess with loads of boxes and files piled on a table and lots of tings moving around. But I have colleagues visiting from abroad tomorrow, so I thought I really had to tidy things up. It still looks weird to me, possibly because currently from my main sitting place, I can't see as many of my plants as I used to, but that can be arranger. I will soon need to repot a lot of them!
However now, I could conceal a lot of unsighly piles of folders with results listings and such things, and my open shelve is now much neater, with nice rows of book that I will feed with some more stuff I have at home. Other levels have neat binders rows. A bit more work is needed with master theses and things, but I'm almost there.
It's a nice improvement! My office looks maybe a bit more professional... Next, caring for the plants would also make the whole thing look better.
However, the holiday starts on Friday! And until then there are a few threads (see previous posts) that I need to finish up before leaving. And colleagues to meet tomorrow!
Monday, 7 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
tidy offices rocks, makes me feel in control (at least I can pretend I am)
Eheh, yes! But we need then to be able to retrieve things easily when someone asks for them, and not go "Hang on a sec. I put it away somewhere... but where?" Thankfully, so far I put away mostly things I really need these days...
Post a Comment