After much deliberation (read torturing myself), I have decided not to bring my computer along during the holiday. I will probably not have a chance to use it the first week. And the second one, well, I’m sure I’ll keep myself busy too. I *could* work during the holiday (i.e. my slow progress could do with some extra effort)… but my couple and my health could do with two weeks of leisure and sleep. Hopefully I’ll be so well refreshed and in great mental and physical shape that I’ll work really well as soon as I am back. (Ahah. Nothing’s wrong with dreaming!). I am bringing some reading though (ack).
In any case, expect light posting in the coming two weeks. Hope the weather will be good because I firmly intend to swim in the Atlantic!
Items are being crossed off the list:
-sent final data to colleagues on vague project;
-had a great meeting yesterday with colleagues. I look forward to chew on their data;
-now dashing to finish report to sent to Senior Famous Collaborator.
I managed to de-disperse myself by making plans before I got in the office, with a short list of discrete tasks for the day, and I know which one I want to start with. So I directly start working and get on track for the day. It's worked.
And people, please knock on my office door before entering. Thanks.
Wednesday, 9 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hooray for holidays without laptops! Make sure you take a pen and paper though, just in case inspiration strikes...
which side of the Atlantic if I may ask? if you're in the NE corner drop me a gmail...
cae: ah yes, the scientist's brain never stops working! who knows what the Atlantic Ocean will inspire to me!
Vacations without laptops are the best! Hope you enjoy it!
Post a Comment