Sunday, 7 March 2010

Extracuricular activities

See the nice flour-free cookies I baked for my brother, who has discovered he may be gluten intolerant? They were yummy. Both are recipes existing beside any gluten issues, and not adaptation or recipes making use of specific gluten-free products.

The golden ones are pine nuts cookies, an italian recipe, and the others are chocolate and egg white mostly, a german sort-of-macaroon.



When on campus, I attend two extracuricular activities: swimming and singing.

Singing, which I started because I really enjoy choir singing. The timing is really nice, friday lunch, and the practice take place in my building so really convenient. It's really pleasant: although the choir is quite recent (about 2 years), it's got great atmosphere, and can pin already some nice achievements on its hat.

Swimming is pretty much the only sport I manage to practice with some regularity. Again, it's something I really enjoy. The campus pool is great (nice and deep). Most often I go with a friend of mine, meaning there is adequate peer pressure to attend and a nice chat on the walk there and back to catch up on things.

One is however way better for networking in the university. Thanks to the choir, I know all the secretaries in the faculty, they know me and we're on great terms. This is priceless. I also know a few people in the central administration, which might come in handy here and there.

Swimming definitely doesn't work as well! Because I don't necessarily recognize people in their swimming trunk and frankly, I don't necessarily want to be recognized in mine! It's led me to some awkward situations... Hehe. Ah well...

No comments: