
Yesterday, my godson and I ended up spending the whole afternoon listening to lectures about science. So that was me, a science lecturer and him, an engineering student.
We were at this science musuem and spent the afternoon going from lecture to lecture: electromagnetism, liquid air (my favourite), laser, and changing states between -220 and +110°. We had loads of fun! How nerdy is it though, as a weekend activity, for people who spend the week with their nose on science. Ah well, just shows we like it!
I guess it's in nice connection with the fact that recently I did spend some efforts reminding myself how lucky I am to do something I like (most of it!) and to spend time trying to understand the world around me, and to teach other how to do that. I've been needing to remind that to myself when I'm preparing lectures (as now) or painfully writing long overdue papers. Need to go back to that book for young lecturers, the part on writing... And the annoying bits come with the package and that's that!
No comments:
Post a Comment