The two past weeks have been tough in work, because I'm in first line to receive trouble that is mostly caused by people's carelessness in the months/years preceding my start as a lecturer.
In one case people seem to be fine with acting in their exclusive interest, ignoring in the process not only my situation but also the department's teaching quality. Both are really frustrating.
In another, an accumulation of errors and inattention by several people and decision bodies mean that I have to handle some difficult cases of failing students on my own even though I was not involved in the process at any point. This isn't just frustrating, it is a real pain in the.
But I'll stop going on about this and think instead of exciting stuff coming up. Archaeology students have been following one of my classes, and I got into contact with their department to learn more about how they're using this stuff. I am going to visit them next month, and have started discussing research project with the student attending. It would be really nice if we could collaborate. I can't wait to meet them all and hear more about their work! It's mostly unrelated to mine, except that we share some techniques of analysis, and finding imaginative ways to adapt them sounds like great science fun.
Thursday, 13 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment