I'm preparing my last week of teaching for the... whole year! There should be no more until January next year (this is related to the summer being near and being followed by The Long Stay Abroad, which is making local teaching hum impossible. All my teaching is currently cramed on the second semester. Anyway).
This week is going to be heavier-than-usual. Tomorrow I start by giving a short introduction on a software I don't routinely use. Just went through three days of intensive messing around with it. There'll be a lot of "don't forget to read error messages, they'll help you figure out what's wrong". "Oh, so what does this error message tell us?... hum. Let's just move on shall we?".
Then normal duty on tuesday, extra duty on wednesday, and normal duty on thursday. And after that... the brain shall be switched back to research. (But where to start!! Conference abstract might be the way).
The teaching evaluation are also coming in. Got some through the teaching committee, and so far it indicates very constrasted remarks by different groups of student. I still need to process it really, but it seems like next year will be a lot of reworking of the content. I'll probably come back to this later, when I get the questionnaire and all the stuffs.
But my main conclusion for the term is: "weekend is the time when I get to work from home instead of the office. And when I get to do the laundry in between". OK, it's a bit of an exageration, please pardon my brain that has seen too many error messages today.
Sunday, 4 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment