Monday, 30 June 2008

And after the exams...

"Dear Ms. Professor,

I contact you regarding my insufficient marks in your class. They were largely deserved, but I wish to express my ambition to succeed.

(…)

My motivation to succeed is great.

I thank you for the importance you will give to this email.

Student”

Dear Student,

Thank you for your email.

However, I think it would have been wise to express your great motivation to succeed by turning up at least once to the lectures, and also avoid the unfortunate situation that lead to the TA wondering where the hell you were coming from when you turned up at the practical exam.

Since you're asking, indeed your marks are very bad. And indeed it is deserved. There really is no excuse to do that badly for an exam that has as little surprise as this one (especially for someone with such a large ambition to succeed).

But I guess you now have a whole summer to express your great motivation to succeed.

See you in August.

No comments: