Tuesday, 24 June 2008

Furniture hunting

I need a cupboard for my office and in an attempt to be eco-friendly but also to spend as little as possible on such things, I am looking for old furniture I could reuse. I have gone to the upper floor which is currently emptying several offices (a department closing, a bit sad) in the hope of finding what I am looking for. They are quite happy to have someone reuse their stuff and I am now able to actually pick everything I want and swap it with my old stuff so that I don’t even have to bother about dumping mine.

So I can swap my old furniture (age around 20 on average) for other old stuff… but maybe more appropriate or in better condition. I can possibly get a completely different set of stuff (I currently only have poor unstable shelving, I could swap for a set of cupboards, albeit not matching). Ah the torture of having to chose!

I’ll probably get one of those hanging-folder things, a cupboard, and I’m wondering about another table to put my (numerous) plants on. I could maybe re-organise my entire office!

2 comments:

EcoGeoFemme said...

Sounds fun! We recently rescued a bunch of broken-ish chairs that some other group had put in the trash. They suck, but they were still better than what we had. :)

hanging folder thing = file cabinet?

stepwise girl said...

Someone's junk is someone else's treasure ;)

Yes that's what I meant, a file cabinet.