Well it seems that (once again) I got a very wrong impression in an interview, since I will get « recommended » for a travel grant! I was going to organize the stay anyway, and still have a couple more funding sources to try in order to complement that, but this is brilliant, because not only it’s good to get funding in any case, but it is also a great one to have on one’s CV.
So now, the preparation started for real. Some background info on the trip: I am going to be hosted by a US institution for about three months starting in September. Since it is very far from home, Husband will accompany me. It should be a great experience altogether, although I am not looking forward being that far from everyone here for so long, but the rewards should be great too. Anyway currently, I am trying to
-book flight tickets: reasonable prices are available and we could even make a stopover to visit friends on the east coast.
-figure out the admin and paperwork. I find it very complicated! Someone out there sent me this form to fill out, tax-related, and it tells me to provide all sorts of other forms that I have never heard of.
-I should be looking for a place to stay, but I don’t know where to start or who to ask. Still waiting for info there.
Ahah, it all seemed simple as long as it was all abstract!
Stay tuned…
Thursday, 3 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations on the travel grant!
Post a Comment