I went to a reunion of people who did their undergrad at the same place as I did. The weather was fantastic, and we had a guided tour of the forest the University owns in a very pretty area south of the town. It was very interesting but I'm not sure I'd go again.
The people I was really happy to see are people I am staying in touch with anyway. I'd rather meet them in a more intimate context. Otherwise there were actually few people, and no one from my promotion.
Ah the truth is I'm not really enthusiastic for such things. They really bring out the potato couch in me. I decided to go at the last minute because it was my friend organising it (how's that for a poor reason to go). I also had a secret agenda of scouting for potential candidates for when (if) I get funding to hire a PhD student. But it was useless for that as well (yes there were that few people).
It wasn't too bad because I was going to visit my parents in the area anyway and the walk in the forest was good, but not a very successful trip on the whole, and I don't think I'd go again.
That was followed by a nice family dinner, so on average, not a bad day.
Sunday, 27 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment