Tuesday, 8 April 2008

Spring is coming

Isn’t it amazing what two weeks with no lectures to give and a few days with sun can do to lift one’s mood up :

-I found it great today to have to unbutton my coat as I was walking in the street around midday. It really made me feel good (even if I was running from one place to the next being almost late everywhere) ;
-the two elements mentioned above have participated I think in the fact that I am learning to take some distance with the « daily issues » of dealing with students (see here for example, I was a bit upset. There were other examples, but they’re probably not worth reading !). It does not mean I don’t care about it. But it means I can think about something else at some point ;
-Just as before the break, working very late at night on the night before an early morning lecture, finish the slides on the train or even 5 minutes before the class happens. But hey ! That’s as much as I can do this year ! Certainly not outstanding but a start.
-preparation for The Long Stay Abroad is moving on. Started looking for housing. Health check done. Tax forms being filled. Visa on the way ;
-Tomorrow we have a meeting about reorganizing and updating the website, which should be exciting.

Spring is coming !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unbuttoning the coat is a sure sign of warmer weather ahead. :)